There are many ways to add comfort to your whole home with natural gas!
Tank Water Heater
- Costs up to 62% less to operate
- Heats water faster than electric
- Storage capacity from 30-100 gallons; quick heating with less cost
- Smaller tank requirements versus electric
Tankless Water Heater
- Up to 40% more energy efficient than tank style water heaters
- Endless supply of hot water
- No more storing unneeded hot water
- Life expectancy of more than 20 years
- Space saving over tank style
- Quick recovery through auto set-back thermostats that work with faster air flow to keep air comfy and save money
- Dependable warmth with efficiencies of up to 98%
- Enhanced comfort with 115-degree heat that is up to 20 degrees warmer than drafts, below-body-temperature heat pump air
- The expected lifespan of a natural gas furnace is twice as long as an electric heat pump
- Instant on/off
- Easy clean up for ultimate convenience
- Precise temperature control makes it preferred choice of professional chefs
- Ambiance and comfort all winter long without a mess
- Heat source during power outages
- Extensive selection of realistic-looking logs with adjustable flame, remote control starting and thermostats
- Convenience year-round with no mess or tank exchange
- Cook during power outages
- Flexible piping installation provides more location options
- Warm soft glow gives your home unique charm and elegant curb appeal
- Added safety/security without attracting bugs
- Fits almost anywhere
- Heat source during power outage
- Wide range of sizes
- Dry three loads for the same price as one electric load
- More heat capacity, less drying time, less operating costs and extended life of clothes
- Provides electricity during power outages
- Additional security – don’t be left in the dark!
- Quiet, safe operation
When should you choose a natural gas appliance over an electric appliance?
Heating water is the second-largest expense in our homes, according to the Department of Energy, accounting for 14% to 18% of our utility bills. That makes picking the right water heater an important decision not only for your comfort, but for keeping energy costs under control, too. Natural gas water heaters can heat up to twice the amount of water in the same amount of time as an electric model—which means you’re less likely to run out of hot water when you need it.
Natural gas water heaters are available in tank and tankless models. Both have significant advantages over electric and propane water heaters:
- With fewer parts to wear out, natural gas water heaters are generally considered more durable than electric models.
- If the power goes out, most natural gas water heaters continue to deliver plenty of hot water.
Tankless Water Heaters
- Tankless water heaters heat water on demand, meaning you’ll almost never run out of hot water.
- They are economical. You aren’t paying to keep a large tank of water continuously heated.
- Multiple size and venting options provide the perfect tankless model for your needs.
Reduced water heating time, energy expenses and greenhouse gas emissions all make tankless water heaters a great choice.
Natural gas furnaces heat your home faster. Air from a natural gas furnace is up to 25 degrees warmer when it comes through the vent than air from an electric heat pump.
Most new high-efficiency furnaces have an Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) rating of 90 percent or higher. The higher the AFUE, the more efficient the unit and the more money you can save.
It takes 3 times as much energy to use an electric stove than a natural gas stove. Cooking with natural gas will save on monthly utility costs. The most efficient stoves are natural gas with electric ignition switches.
Natural gas dryers cost less to operate. The heat is hotter than electric dryers so clothes dry faster, cutting down the time it takes the dryer to be turned on.
Very fast to heat up, convenient / easy to use, never run out / no need to refill a tank, easy installation.
They can operate when the power goes out! Natural gas logs also provide space heating and easy to operate.
Within seconds of a power outage your natural gas generator automatically turns on to the supply power, then the generator switches off when the power returns.
Switching to Natural Gas Q&A
Send us an Email with your street address, and we’ll tell you whether natural gas is accessible to your home.
Contact your local natural gas provider to see if natural gas is an option for your home currently.
Natural gas is an efficient way to heat your home and water:
- With a natural gas furnace you can feel the warmth. A natural gas furnace delivers air that’s as much as 25 degrees warmer than an electric heat pump.
- You can expect your natural gas furnace to last twice as long as an electric heat pump.
- Converting an electric water heater to natural gas saves the same amount of carbon dioxide emissions annually as recycling 1.7 tons of waste.
Propane requires you to have a storage tank on your property, and you have to pay your supplier every time it’s filled.
With natural gas, you don’t need a storage tank. It is delivered to your home through underground pipes as you need it. You pay for natural gas only after you use it.
Switching your propane furnace, boiler, water heater, range or dryer to natural gas is easy. You may not have to buy new appliances … a qualified contractor can adjust your propane appliances to run on natural gas. Locate a qualified natural gas contractor or contact your local natural gas provider for a referral.
Locate a qualified HVAC contractor or plumber, or contact your local natural gas provider for a referral.